I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006





Well, here I am 21 weeks and counting! At 17 weeks I finally gave in and went shopping for maternity clothes with my mom. Before then I would walk in the store, look through every single article of clothing, and walk out with nothing because I was too insecure to buy somthing - I didn't know what to buy, or what would look good. I think I just needed some reassurance and affirmation! Plus, I think I was trying to hold out as long as I could before venturing into the realm of maternity clothes. (Everyone tells me you get tired of them real quick). But when you can't button your skirts and pants and your shirts can't seem to quite cover your belly, it's time. . .=) I'm also glad I had my mom along for some motherly advice, which was: buy everything BIG because you have no idea just how much your going to grow! (and I am quickly realizing just how true that is becoming!) It was some good bonding time with my mom and we had a lot of fun!


This morning as I was getting ready for work, and a lady from my church called and said that she had been to a garage sale and had picked up a few things she wanted to give to me. To my delightful suprise she had gotten one of those devices where you can hear your baby's hearbeat, and movements!!! I was soooo excited! It was unopened and I haven't tried it out yet, but I can't wait! How cool is that?! ) The package says that it works best toward the end of the 2nd trimester so it may be a few weeks before we can pick up on anything.) The sound of our little girl's heartbeat gives be butterflies everytime - it never gets old! Now we'll have to see if it actually works! =)

Well, that's about the extent of my excitement for the day. There are exactly 10 days until the end of school, which means vacation is just around the corner! I can't wait =)

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Great picture, Sarah! You look great. You have that wonderful pregnancy glow! =)Hope that thing works so you can hear the babies heart - how cool is that?!!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

You have some of the cutest maternity clothes! I can definately relate to the pants being difficult to button (except I'm only thirteen weeks). Congratulations again, and I'm thankful that everything is going well with your pregnancy.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Reads said...

Hey I came across your website, and I can definetly feel your pain on the clothes issue. I just know that at that point you don't quite know how the maternity stuff could ever get too small, and yet if you were your regular clothes you feel miserable!! There have been maternity clothes that I've had to put away! I am about 8 weeks ahead of you, enjoy the fun.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

You look sooo cute! I totally understand the maternity clothes issue - but trust me, you will love them b/c they are so much more comfortable than squeezing into regular clothes! )but trust me...with 6 days left and no end in sight...i can attest that i am getting a wee bit anxious to work off the baby leftovers and get back into summer capris (or skirts for those of you who can't wear those teehee!)
So glad that you and Josh are doing well. Please tell him that Nate and I said hello!
Take care and thanks for visiting my blog!
Shyla

6:53 AM  
Blogger S said...

I just found your website from Shyla's. We're all watching hers everyday in anticipation of what she's going to have! :) Such is life for as stay-at-home-moms! :) This is what we do during naptime. Well, just want to say that you look beautiful in your maternity clothes. I feel your pain about getting bigger, etc. but it's SOOOO worth it. And enjoy this 2nd trimester, that's when you feel the greatest. I love motherhood. Children are such a blessing from the Lord! (p.s. Girls are so fun to dress up!)

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are adorable! I'm so happy you finally got your blog up! :) Super happy for you and Josh!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Katie Barker said...

Hi Sarah, welcome to the blogging world, and congrats on your little baby girl. I look forward to peeking into your life every once in a while. Katie (Zakes) Barker

11:13 AM  
Blogger juliechall said...

You look so great Sarah! Happy Mother's Day!
Julie

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home