I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Friday, May 05, 2006


Well, there has been nothing super exciting about my day today, except for the fact that on occasion, my belly feels like party central! This morning I was thinking what in the world to blog about, and since I was enjoying my cafe au lait so much I decided to share my thoughts on the whole coffee thing. Everyone has their quirky preferences, one of mine just happens to be coffee, so. . .

For all you coffee lovers out there, Maybe you will appreciate this. . .

I have been a coffee lover for years, and not just of any coffee mind you, but of the high quality arabica bean (such as that found at starbucks - no Folgers thank you) . In order to enjoy my cup of coffee, it must have the right proportion, grind, water, and freshness. Now, some of you might be thinking, who cares!? Well, I do. Coffee has become an art to me. Sometimes there is nothing better than coming home after a long hard day and putting a cup of coffee on to brew and then smelling the sweet, rich aroma as you pour it into a your cup and watch the froth form at the top. And as you take that first sip of pure, sweet, richness, you feel the tension leave and that peaceful satisfaction as you linger over the perfect cup of coffee. Since I have been pregnant I have not enjoyed this luxury quite as often, but when I do, it is not taken for granted (I know I'm weirldly passionate on the subject =). But as a recommendation for the perfect coffe I would like to suggest Peets Coffee. You have to order it online and it is a little pricey, but if you feel like splurging it is well worth it. They actually roast your beans the day you order them! Everytime I get a box of it I can smell it before I even open the package! It's definitley become a family favorite!

. . .And on that note, I'm off to enjoy my weekend!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl! :)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Sarah: I do know a little bit about coffee myself since I worked at Starbuck's for 6 years. I love the smell, taste and ambiance of coffee. I can always tell the quality of coffee I am drinking too! My favorite coffee, though, it from the Chocolate Chicken coffee shop in Door County. My favorite flavor is Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup! I LOVE IT!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home