I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Restless and Ready to Go!

Today is one of those days when being inside, sitting at your desk and staring at the computer is just about the last thing you want to be doing. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous and I am dying to go outside and let the sun soak into my skin, take off my shoes and walk through the fresh cut grass and just enjoy the smell of all the flowers that are in bloom! But I have another 1 1/2 of sitting at my desk before I can indulge in any of those things! Besides the fact that I am inside, I really do enjoy my new job, but I have never been so ready for a vacation!! We are leaving in exactly one week from today for the Ozarks in MO with my family. I keep picturing myself sitting by the pool with a good book and sipping a pina colada (one of my favorite vacation past times) and then staying up until all hours playing Rook and Settlers of Catan with all my aunt's uncle's and cousins. It's not so much the games that are fun, it's my family and all the personalities that I enjoy so much - it's a blast!

This last Saturday was the big garage sale day in town. Now I must confess that I have only been to a garage sale once in my life (I know, it's sad) I have never been a fan of them, mostly because I associate the words "garage sale" with things that have been sitting in people garages and basements for decades and you have no idea where it's been. I know that my perception is somewhat flawed because I have friends who actually find some real treasures and great bargains and I always say to myself that I need to try it sometime (there are some great things out there, you just have to hunt for them). So on Sat. we ventured out to look and see if we could find any furniture for the baby's room. I just wanted to find 1 thing, even if it took all day. Finally we found a GRACO baby swing and talked the seller into dropping the price from $20 to $13. I was satisfied so we ended our hunt and went to Dairy Queen. Over all it was a fun day and I think I just might try it again. . . maybe.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tim and Heidi Harney said...

yeah Sarah!! I hope you have fun in MO. You DO have the most awesome family. They are loads of fun. Nice deal at the sale!!! Good job- I'm proud of you! :) So..did Josh the schmoozer talk the guy down?!?!? :) j/k I just relived some old memories!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Katie Barker said...

Sarah, you are very funny. I must confess to being one of those who always finds a good deal. I just LOVE garage saleing!! I am glad you found something you liked! And I hope you have a wonderful vacation. What is your new job?

10:52 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Great job on getting the baby swing. I used my swing all the time. It is definately one of my baby "necessities."

4:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Katie -

My new job is at the admissions office, just until the end of summer when the baby comes. Things are pretty slow right now, but they will get pretty crazy in the next month or so. . .

As far as the garage sale thing - I think I need to shop with people who are good at it so I can learn =) Got any good tips?

1:10 PM  
Blogger carissa said...

I love garage saling. I need to have one here. Great blog. Good to see what you've been up to.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home