I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Back to Reality. . .

So I could just kick myself for not taking any pictures on our vacation (I know, it's pretty sad). I had our video camera and digital camera, but neither of them seemed to make their way outside the suitcase. Josh and I have never been good at taking pictures, even on our honeymoon we only used about 1 1/2 rolls of film. Hopefully that will change when little family member # 3 arrives!
Even though I have no pictures to show, we had an awesome time on vacation. We stayed at Big Cedar Lodge just outside Branson, MO were my family has been going for the last 30 years (that includes before I was born - I'm not that old yet =) . . .So there are a lot of memories and nostalgia there for us. Josh and I ended up getting a nice condo type room all to ourselves with a little porch overlooking a lake - that kind of became our favorite spot in the morning to have coffee and devotions (after we slept in of course!) We spent the week relaxing, eating out, playing games, frequenting amusement parks (of course I just watched everyone have fun on the rides because I couldn't. . .) , and my favorite pastime - - pina coladas at the poolside! I never actually was able to get in the pool, mainly because wearing a maternity swimsuit never appealed to me, but at least I was able to experience the "atmosphere".
We also celebrated Josh's birthday by taking out a speed boat and jet ski on the lake . . . I wasn't able to go ( being pregnant and all) but I wasn't alone because my cousin Mary is also expecting, so we just kind of hung out and played games while everyone else was on the lake. Over all it was a great vacation. . . a week too short, but I am so thankful for the time we had with all my family.

And, now that I am back, it is time to focus on getting ready for this baby! We are going to take a couple days off work and totally reorganize and clean the apt. I am really getting into the whole "nesting" thing they talk about pregnant women having. Once we have the baby's room all organized then I'll feel like I can start to decorate and make it the perfect place for our little girl. I am on the hunt for crib bedding and curtains, and I'm looking for "shabby chic" vinatge to go with our white furniture that we will be putting in the room (the furniture was my mom's, then mine and now it will be baby's - pretty cool huh? )


Well. . . only 12 more weeks to go ! (hopefully)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn Pagano said...

I am just the opposite. I took about 14 rolls of film when I was in London for 4 days! Now I have a digital camera, so that saves on film costs.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Maternity swimsuits never appealed to me either, but we've been having 95 degree days with so much humidity that I'm going to change my mind. I actually bought a "regular" plus size suit with a skirt that I'm fixing so that it fits, and it's not so bad. I of course look huge, but hey, it's the only time I can flaunt the hugeness! :-)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Jenny -
I think I would have done the same thing if I were in your position - even on vacation it was so hot it was all I could do not to dive into that pool! Anyway, I hope you enjoy your swim time =) Only a few week to go!

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Blue and yellow wedding invitations lawrence eyewear http://www.sofa-6.info/Free-radio-mp3-players.html Butts in spandex georgia hair intitle intitle intitle intitle laser removal Camcorder hc21 sony http://www.small-titties.info whut are mp3 players Stacey hayes upskirts mp3 player mechanics Mitsubishi car audio pn mr252914 smart drugs modafinil kasper radar detectors

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home