I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

overflow. . .

I was just thinking today. . .what a privelege it is, to have a God who is not only the creator of the universe, but also the one who loves me infinitley and is interested in every detail of my life. I was also thinking of the fact that so often I miss His blessings because of my inward focus - the fact is, that He wants to bless us and show us His goodness, and it's there, but so often I don't even see it until it has passed. How undeserving I am of His goodness in my life. . .as many times as I fail and miss what God is trying to teach me, He is so gracious not to give me up, but He continues to work and bless even in the midst of my many shortcomings. What hope we have as his children! Christ is better than any earthly desire fulfilled - but sometimes it is so hard to see when you are surrounded by the tangible things of this world and yet it is by faith and God's grace that we are able to immerse ourselves in what we cannot see but know is true and to believe it!

Just a little overflow from what God has been challenging me with and reminding me of - -He is so good!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim and Heidi Harney said...

Thanks for the reminder girl! I have been overflowing and overwhelmed with the mercy of God lately. I can't get it out of mind how merciful God is to me. He's so faithful to me, why can't I be faithful to Him?
Thanks for sharing! Sorry I missed your call too. Hopefully we'll connect soon! I miss you!

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah don't know if you remember me--Samantha Keith--I know Josh-- we worked together in the business office before I had my first child--Ken Keith is my husband you might have known him. Anyway, we moved to Guam a year ago. I just wanted to say thanks for your overflow... I neeeded it--life has been crazy lately and I know I have been missing what God is trying to teach me. In case you were wondering---I found your blog while searching for NBBC people! OH yea, I have 3 boys and never took a childbirth class. However, if you aren't planning on using an epidural I would definitely at least get some coaching on how to make it through. If you are planning on getting an epidural then I wouldn't worry about it. Epidurals are great!!! I couldn't get one with my third (who I just had in April) and believe me I was wishing I had one(: Anyway, sorry for such a long comment!!! Hope all goes well for you---I will pray!

3:51 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

What true insight! I often fail to remember all that God has done for me and feel bad for myself for all of the things that He hasn't seemed to take care of yet. Thanks for the encouragement and reminder! God is so good to us!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Xenical for diabetes search-ingbrowse 220 1 valtrex White 1992 camaro convertible valtrex acyclovir.md Leadership surrey training 20 aldactone interaction zocor valtrex prescription01010101010101010101010101010101 can i take valtrex if i27m pregnant Car rental florida discount herb interactions with valtrex pictures of aston martin db9

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home