I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Happenings

Well, I must say that these past few weeks my world has changed and my life now revolves around the needs of a sweet but very demanding little girl. We have finally gotten our days and nights figured out and she has been sleeping for 5-6 hour stretches (much better than 2 hours). Allie is much more awake and alert and I am convinced I have seen her smile, but Josh says it's just her digestive system working. . .who knows? =) She is almost 5 weeks old, and is already outgrowing some of her clothes. When I took her to the Dr. last week she weighed just over 9lb. . .and gaining steadily.
Last night was the first night that Josh and I have been able to have a date since Allie came - I was so excited! We dropped the baby off at grandma's house (who is always more than willing to oblige when the need arises) and headed off to good ol' Iron Mountain. We ended up visiting and bringing dinner to a family of a girl in our youth group who has been going through a rough time, and then with limited options for places to eat we headed to Storheims - their burgers are really good (and so is the ice cream)! We had a great time just talking and spending time together. Although I must say I sure did miss our little peanut - it's the first time I left her (6 whole hours!).
I was also excited to be packing up my maternity clothes, and had so much fun getting out my normal clothes. . .(Yes I know, small thrills, but I am loving it).

Well better run - lunch time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie Barker said...

Glad you guys had time for a date!

6:21 PM  
Blogger The Horaks said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to get away together! Although, I did hear Jordan and Matt were making jokes about Josh deserting them on a Halo night. Will they ever understand? ;)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Reads said...

Glad to hear you are getting some sleep! There is light at the end of the tunnel! The other night Audrey went 9 hours! I was glad to pack up the maternity clothes too. It's like you have a new wardrobe because you haven't worn your old clothes for so long!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn Pagano said...

They grow so quickly - I know from my nieces! My sister and I are always happy to take our 2 nieces too! Yeah free babysitting.

3:20 PM  
Blogger S said...

Good for you to get some 'date time'. I think that is so important to keep sanity. I remember it was hard to leave Esther the first time and I always miss her when I'm away, but come back appreciating her more. That's great that you are fitting into your regular clothes - it took me awhile before I was back to normal. :)

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home