I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Update

The story on the whole c-section is. . . I had some severe bruising and internal bleeding and upon my check-up to get my staples out, the Dr. opened part of the incision up to let it drain. I was scheduled for daily Dr visits to get it cleaned and packed (which was not fun with a small baby and 30 min drive one way).
On Friday I saw a different Dr. and she decided to re-open the entire incision again, because it was not healing like she wanted it to. She also admitted me to the hospital on Mon to recieve a wound vac which would help close and heal the incision much faster and with less scarring. However, neither the idea of leaving my two week old for an entire 24 hour period or more, or dragging her into the hospital where her chances of getting sick or getting an infection appealed to me and I was close to tears with frustration. My mom and I prayed on the way to the hospital that the Lord would work it out so I wouldn't have to stay overnight.
Our prayers were answered and we were able to work it out so that I was able to have a home health care nurse come to my house and set me up with everything, thus avoiding the hospital and frequent Dr. visits!! The Lord was gracious!! So hopefully this saga will be ending soon and my incision will begin to heal!

In the meantime I am enjoying being a mom more and more everyday. The first couple weeks were pretty overwhelming. Having my mom here was wonderful, I don't know what I would have done with out her! Aside from the encouragement and moral support, she did all my laundry, house cleaning and shopping and allowed me to get some much needed rest =). My mom is the best and I am so thankful for her!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Sarah: We are praying for you and thinking about you! Allie is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see her in person. I will be praying that you heal quickly and get back to your new normal as soon as possible!

6:27 AM  
Blogger S said...

What a blessing that your mom is there to help! Moms are the greatest! We'll be praying for your continued healing. And being a mom just gets easier every day!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Oh Sarah! I cannot imagine having those complications PLUS having a newborn to care for. It is obvious that the Lord has given you much grace with all that. Moms are sooo wonderful when it comes to post-baby help :) -- and your mom is a jewel. I will pray for your continued recovery!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Paul Gardenghi said...

Moms are AWESOME! Mine came down to Grenada a couple weeks after Isaac was born and she was perfectly timed! I'm praying for you Sarah! Hope to get an email out to you soon, just crazy busy at the moment :-) Love, Katy

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home