I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sorry for the Delay!! Our baby girl is here!!!!!









Aletheia Diane Neighbors was born August 29h at 6:30pm. She weighed 8 1b 10 oz (and that was 2 weeks early! Yikes).

Allie came a little earlier than we had planned. It all started on Sat the 26th when I started having wierd stomach cramps and I didn't feel her moving alot. So, the Dr. told us to come in and get checked out. Turns out I was having contractions and the baby was fine - I was only 1 cm and 50% effaced so I went home.

On Mon. I was excited to have my final ob check up and then I was going to get all the shopping I needed done before Thursday and take care of last minute details. Well. . . plans changed. My blood pressure was slightly elevated and the Dr. decided that rather than take any more chances that somthing else could go wrong, I should go directly to the hosital to get induced. So I called Josh and had him pack my bag (no, I never had one packed. . .oops=) And he came up a few hours later.

They started me on Cervadil on Mon afternoon. On Tues morning I was up at 4am and at 5am I began Pitocin. I started making pretty good progress and the Nurse was hopeful that we would have a baby by 1pm - HA! Not quite.

I was supposed to get my epidural at noon, but the anesthesiologist had another emergency so I had to wait 2 more hours. So in the meantime the nurse convinced me to take a dose of Stadol. My oh my - it knocked me out - I have never felt so weird in my life. . .but it did help to take the edge off my pain. Finally at 2pm and 8cm dialted I recieved the epidural - and I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was!! My bliss was short lived when at 4pm the Nurse turned it off so I could feel enough to push. I pushed for over 2 hours and had almost no progress, I was so exhausted from all the drugs and lack of sleep and discouraged b\c nothing was happening, that finally the Dr. made the call for a c-section. I don't remember much after that, but I remember hearing Allie's first little cry and I started bawling from joy and the relief that she was here safe and sound.

We did end up having to stay in the hospital a little longer than planned due to minor complications with my c-section, as well as Allie having jaundice, so on Sat night we were more than ready to go home!

Thank for all of you who have been praying for us - it is an encouragement to read all your comments! We are all doing well, it has been a bit of a slow recovery with the set back of the c-section and a few small problems with the incision - but nothing that time won't fix =).

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, Josh, and Allie,
Congratulations! We are so excited for you. Allie is just beautiful. We're glad to hear that you are doing well. Praise the Lord!
We look forward to your updates. :)
Love,
Kevin, Beth, and Silas Busch

7:22 AM  
Blogger The Horaks said...

Allie is so precious! I'm so glad we happened to be walking in when you guys got home so we could help carry things up and have an excuse to tiptoe into the nursery to see your little girl! We're so happy for you!! Can't wait till you're feeling better and we can all get together again! I hope Allie will like chic flicks! Haha! ;)

~Jenn

9:33 AM  
Blogger S said...

Your pictures are wonderful! I had a similar c-section experience and Esther had the jaundice thing. I know you were sooo glad to get home. Make sure and take it easy these next few weeks. You don't want to overdue it! You'll have plenty of time for running around later, and besides it's a good excuse for you to enjoy these newborn days with your little one. She is adorable!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Sarah and Josh,
Allie is absolutely precious. Congratulations on such a beautiful daughter. I'll be praying for you as your recoop. Take it easy and enjoy your little newborn (they grow way to fast in just one year).

1:42 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I've been checking your blog and waiting for news. Congratulations on your baby. Very cute and will pray that you will heal well.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

She is adorable! Praise the Lord for her safe arrival! We can't wait to see you guys around campus!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww how cute....she looks like both her parents

6:23 PM  
Blogger Tfipps said...

Yea!! Tammy was right...she is beautiful!! Can't wait to see you and Allie.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi, guys. This is Karen (Stine) Adams from NBBC. I stumbled onto your blog from Kelli Frey's. Congratulations on your baby girl. She's beautiful, truly. Nate & I are expecting our first--also a girl--any day now. Looks like you 3 are doing great!

karens2cents.blogspot.com

10:58 AM  
Blogger Katie Barker said...

Congrats Sarah and Josh,
I was doing all I could not to cry here at work after reading your story. What an awesome God we have. Thanks for the pictures. And a very pretty name for your little girl.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Congratulations Sarah and Josh!! What a beautiful baby! I had a c-section too, and I'll be praying for your recovery. I remember when I first saw my incision and just cried :) You are right about it getting better as time goes on. Until then enjoy the free pass from doing laundry and housework :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger carissa said...

congratulations Sarah and Josh. Allie is such a beautiful girl. I love this picture of her in her room snuggling in her pink cozy thing :) I have been PRAYING for you. I hope you start recovering quickly...we had a nice time with your mom at lunch today...she is so proud of you!! take care and rest when you can :) love ya.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Tim and Heidi Harney said...

She's precious! She's gorgeous! WOW! I could talk forever! I'm so thankful to hear how the Lord is taking care of you. I've been praying lots for you! I can't wait to meet Aletheia. LOVE YOU ALL!

2:37 PM  
Blogger jules said...

congratulations! she looks just beautiful in the pictures! :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Congratulations! I've been following your blog from other people's. Josh, not sure if you remember me from NBBC, but congratulations! Allie is ADORABLE! God is so good!!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! So glad she is finally here. SHe is PRECIOUS!! I hope I get to see her in person soon and she and Haven can be friends. THat is quite a story you have, Sarah. I'm so glad she is here safe and sound. I am praying for you as you recover. Just take it one day at a time!!! Congratulations, guys, isn't parenthood great!!! Love ya,
Ruth

9:22 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn Pagano said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful gift from God.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Sarah, now YOU are a mama bear too! :) Congratulations to you both on your beautiful little Allie. We also have an Allie, how funny! Get well soon and enjoy every minute, it will go so fast and it's true...you will forget the tough times!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Do do do dooooooooo!! Another angel has arrived!! Congrats guys. WOW! Josh, all grown up and having babies!! Who knew we would all graduate, get married and start families!:) It's the best! I LOVE the name Aletheia! I had talked to nathan about that name before. He had some greek definition for it....don't remember now. She's a cutie!
Take care and get some rest!!
nathan, shyla and jackson rohrer

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home