I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006




I just love the beginning of Fall, and although it is nearly over here (snow is forecasted for the weekend) I never tire of getting that whiff of crisp clean air with the occasional hint of smoke from a nearby chimney or bonfire and seeing all the beautiful colors on the trees. About this time I start putting out my "fall decor" and then whip up a batch of my grandma's pumpkin cookies, they are SO good. It's fun to get into the "season".
That being said, things have been going well for us. Allie is growing like a weed and yesterday I was rewarded by a big gummy smile when I started showing her, her toys. She has also been waking up with a smile and a racket of noise as she attemps to talk to herself in the mornings, it is so much fun!
We have also been keeping busy with the Youth Group at church. Last week we rented the gym at the community center and had around 30 teens show up. It was nice to be able to have all that space and not be crammed into our youth room. It's exciting to see the youth group growing and new kids coming. Our youth group is quite diverse and there are alot of ministry opportunites, so we are excited to see God at work!

Well that's all for now gotta run!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was nice to go the the Rec center last week... it gave us some room to spread out

1:18 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Hey Sarah, I ran across your blog the other day. I love the pics of Allie--she's so adorable. We missed you in our Body Life Group on Sunday, but we understand. I hope you are feeling better. Maybe we'll see you on Sunday! Have a great day today!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Allie looks adorable. I'm so glad to hear how much you are enjoying being a mother. Enjoy the snow and all the smells of fall/winter. I must admit that while I don't miss the snow and cold, I do miss the smell of the fire from rec hall.

Great to hear that the youth group is growing. We will continue to pray for you as you minister to the teens.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Sauers said...

hey sarah,
Allie is looking so much like both of you! she's adorable! Steve and I just had dinner with Ross and his girlfriend last night. It was a lot of fun, of course we played settlers! glad to hear you guys are doing well! praying for you!
Ruth

1:28 PM  
Blogger The Horaks said...

What a beautiful little girlie! :) Love that picture of her sleeping with her hands under her cheek. How cute!

~Jenn

3:00 PM  
Blogger Tim and Heidi Harney said...

It was so good to see pics of Allie and hear how you are doing. I think of you all the time. miss you and love you!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Tim St. Clair II said...

Congratulations on little Allie! She is adorable! We love and pray for you guys! Keep posting the wonderful pictures!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allie is getting so big, and so PRETTY, like her momma! Our fall season is just starting to peak here in KC, but I agree that there is something refreshing about the crisp air. How exciting to hear that the youth group is growing!!!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Tfipps said...

Wow! She is looking so much older. Sounds so dumb, since we just saw her a week and a half ago, but she looks so much more alert and expressive!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn Pagano said...

What a cutie!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! What a wonderful blessing. Glad to hear you are all doing well.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, Allie looks just like you in that 3rd photo, Sarah! She's precious!

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home