I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Oh the Life. . .

My Weekend has been packed full of all kinds of adventures.

On Sat I made a big breakfast and Josh and I spent the morning relaxing. I was having such a good day that I decided to try and fit my wedding rings back on (I had to take them off at about 7 months pregnant) Well I got them on, and then couldn't get them off. We tried every trick in the book, but my finger continued to swell and the situation seemed hopeless. With no progress we ended up going to the Jewelry store and I had to get them cut off (sad day!) but thankfully the damamge can easily be repaired. I will never make such a dumb mistake again!! Obviously my commen sense had left me. . .blame it on 1st time mom exhaustion
On Sunday (of course) Allie had her first blow out. . .2 of them. Thankfully her outfit was spared thanks to Pampers Swaddlers (they are great!).
On Monday I was driving back from town when the car overheated and I was stranded until my mom was able to come pick me up. Fortunately the damage was minimal
In spite of my many adventures I am enjoying being a mom! Allie had her two month appt and she weighed in at 11.6lb and was 24 inches long. She is so much fun and I love seeing her big toothless smile. Being a mom is so much fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

What a beautiful little girl you have! Aren't blow outs fun?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

first of all, as sad as i was to hear about your wedding rings...i must say that i was relieved when I read more correctly that you said wedding rings and not wedding dress...I figured that was a lot of pressure and uneeded torture to put yourself through!! :)
3 cheers for Pampers Swaddlers!!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Jenny - Oh, love the blowouts =)

Shyla, I started cracking up when I thought about putting on my wedding dress - - I don't think I would even attempt putting it on, no need to remind myself of those extra pregancy pounds =)

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also thought you were goin to say "wedding dress" and I thought "no, Sarah, NO!" :) Sorry about your rings. And Swaddlers have saved my sanity many times... aren't they great!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Ken & Jen Schmidt said...

Josh and Sarah,

I found your blog and wanted to tell you congratulations! Allie is beautiful - she looks just like a doll! I am so excited for you. And, I'm sorry to hear about your rings. I'm glad they're fixable!

Jen (Monroe) Schmidt

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home