I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Catching up


`




Hello all - sorry it's been so long since my last post. Things are going well for us here. Well, besides the fact that the thermometer outside is reading -28 (that's with windchill) Yes, I am just fine staying home in my cozy little apt. We have been keeping busy with Youth Group and church activities. On Sunday we had a big Super Bowl party. I was having fun until Allie threw up all over herself, me and the chair we were sitting in (which was not mine). Needless to say, our evening of fun was abruptly ended. However, Allie was not sick. After she threw up, she looked up and gave me a big smile that seemed to say " how did I do mom?" I concluded that our disaster was merely a result of teething (somthing that I attribute to the majority of her unusual behavior as of late). I have included a picture of my newly accessorized outfit after the event.

Other than that, things have been going well for us. Although if any of you are enjoying warm weather where you are, I am jealous =). Actually even though I find it hard to be thankful for the cold I was reminded the other day in of a phrase in the Psalms that says ". . .who can stand against His cold?". Even in this sub zero weather I can still praise our awesome and magnificent God and see his power all around me!

8 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

Hey, Sarah!

I just found your blog. I love the pictures of Allie. Sorry about the throwing up part. That's not the most fun, but she's worth it. :)

I hope you're doing well. I'm bookmarking your blog. :)

Natalie

8:53 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Nice Accessory J/K. Andy's a spitter, so I tend to have spit up on me somewhere most days and unfortunately I don't always catch it before leaving the house.

Allie is getting so big and beautiful. I can tell Josh is a wonderful Daddy for her. The picture of Allie in the exersaucer is great.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Katie Barker said...

Wow. that's a lot of "accessories"!!! Glad to hear you guys are doing well.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Tfipps said...

I heard you had to leave early, but I had no idea that that was why! Sorry about that. We had a moment of silence for you guys on Monday night...just remembering your former presence at our big Mon. night party. Well...you're always welcome back!!! We'll have to plan other things to do together! If you want a ride on Monday, let me know.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Hunter Happenings said...

I know you dont know me, but I know Josh. You guys are adorable. Please tell josh I said Hi.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

ah, the wonders of children's immature sphincters! (sp?) My Olivia was quite a spitter, but praise be to God--she's MUCH better now. What a cutie patootie Allie is! Sorry, Josh... your beautiful daughter is the spitting image of her mama! :)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn Pagano said...

Your short hair is so cute. The spit-up is not fun. My niece used to spit up alot. Plus, she had to drink goat's milk because lactose bothered her - that smells terrible!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! (I am an old old friend of Josh - Erin Van Vlymen)erincap43@yahoo.com I found someone who knew someone who knew someone etc...that sent me to your blog. Just tell him I said Hi. Glad to know he got married. you guys look so happy!

We have a baby a similar age! (October)

www.longlongthoughts.blogspot.com)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home