I was just thinking. . .

I am very happily married to my best friend, Josh since August 2004. We had our first baby girl, Allie this past August and are loving out new role as mom and dad. Josh is currently working at NBBC as well as heading up the youth group at our church. God has shown himself in great and mighty ways to us and we are excited about the work he is doing in both of our lives.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

this and that

So things have been a little crazy for us these past few weeks! A couple weeks ago Allie came down with a stomach bug and we ended up taking her to the emergency room on Sun. It wasn't as serious as it sounds, but she woke up at midnight and I went to check on her and she had thrown up all over herself and the crib. Well, the next morning I tried feeding her and she puked after only half the bottle after that I tried giving her little sips of water and she threw that up! So off we went to the Dr.! She was fine, we just worked through a loss of appetite and a lot of puking through out the week. I just hated seeing her so sick! She's not much of a cuddler but she was that week! Poor baby!
Now she is back to her happy, smiley self! She is enjoying her food (almost too much!) so far she has tried, carrots, banana, zucchini, peaches, and sweet potatoes and she loves them all. We are also working on drinking from a cup and she is getting better and sitting by herself for longer periods of time.

Yesterday, I was able to go to Green Bay with my cousin JoAnna for some long overdue shopping! Josh stayed with Allie and although I missed her it was so much fun to have the day free and take my time, (something I no longer take for granted!) I always have so much fun shopping for Allie and love finding the sale racks! Although with all the adorable easter dresses out now, It was not easy to pass up, but I did practice some self restraint (my husband was thankful=)
I am also on a mission to get in shape for the summer! We just purchased a treadmill (thanks to the Fipps =) and we are loving it. We ended up mounting a flat screen computer monitor that we had, and hooked it it up to the TV, so we no longer have to stare at a blank wall while on the treadmill.
Well that's all for now, hopefully pictures will be up with my next post, and maybe even a video (we caught Allie giggling non-stop every time we said the word "peas" it was pretty funny. ( I know it's just not as interesting with out any pictures!).